They said Impact Factor is a measure reflecting the average number of citations to recent articles published in science and social science journals.
What force journal to Manipulate Impact Factor (IF)?
Impact Factor is frequently used as a proxy to relative importance of a journal within its field.
They said "journals with higher impact factors are deemed to be more important than those with lower ones"
Famous High Impact Factor Journals do Citations ManipulationIt is true ...
Editorial policies that affect the impact factor
- Funding source require researchers to publish their work in higher Impact Factor journals.
- Old journals with high impact factors is so selective to publish submitted manuscripts
- New journals ask their authors to add to cite previous published articles in its affiliated journals, in order to get final acceptance to publish their work. Authors are forced to do so. Higher impact factors now come to new journals.
- Many all countries stupidy obsessed to Impact Factor get in trap of circle of its requirement regarding Impact Factor.
- Korea, India, Thailand, Greece, USA, etc are in this Impact Factor circle.
- Useless index:: Impact Factor ..
- Open your eyes - Open your Brain - To be more clever, read more Impact Factor at Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_factor